PROSPECTIVE COMMERCIAL ANALYSIS, LOGISTIC ALTERNATIVES ANALYSIS AND MARKET STUDY. MACRO-ECONOMY.
The project is framed in the willingness to connect the Pacific and Atlantic ocean through a railway corridor going from Brazil to the Pacific side in Peru or Chile, crossing entirely Bolivia.
The overall project objective is to determine the feasibility of railway interconnection and the entire CBRC through the development of different studies: technical, economic, financial and environmental for the effective development of the project.
The project’s aim is to prepare a comprehensive analysis of the commercial, market and logistics future perspectives in Bolivia. The studies go hand in hand with parallel studies in preparation of the construction of the bi-oceanic railway:
1. GIS study to determine the best route for the railway
2. Strategic study- Economic, financial, regulatory
The construction of CFBC constitutes the most favourable alternative for the national and regional trading development and socioeconomic integration. The government of Bolivia has prioritized implementation which involves improving existing roads and construction of non-existing railway section.
To this end, the Bolivian State has hired four complementary studies, one of which is the Market Study, including the deepening of demand analysis, forecasting and logistics commercial alternatives. The Market Study includes analysis of demand, supply and competition, trade prospectively from 2015 to 2050, and the evaluation of alternatives for logistics CBRC. The study will take into account all potential types of cargo can be transported through the CBRC, considering the global, regional and domestic trade.
The project is divided into 3 phases:
Phase I: Commercial prospective
Phase II: Market study
Phase III: Study of alternative complementary logistics
TAS is directly responsible for:
- Market Study including Socioeconomic study, Commercial prospective, Demand analysis, analysis of transports logistics, assessment and evaluation of export and imports…
- Investment Plan and financing analysis including PPP study for construction of multimodal terminal: PFI Model (private finance initiative)
- Data collection and analysis. Fieldwork. Preparation of questionnaires, interviews … Conducting the interviews, surveys, focus groups and others. Making trips to major production and commercial areas. Visit to Brazil, Peru and Argentina.
- Analysis of the economic development of Bolivia and the region (production, trade, transport). Centers, economic flows and economic corridors. Analysis of the population of Bolivia and the region. Assessment and Evaluation imports / exports.
- Summary and review of existing studies of prospective commercial freight and passenger mobility worldwide , South American and National
- Report comparative prices, modes of transport and influence in markets.
- Training to the government counterpart, the Ministry of Transports in software application, analysis and reporting of the study results.